Stable Release: v1.5.7
License: Some rights reserved. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License. (creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/)
• Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 8.1
• Rainmeter 3.0.2+ (rainmeter.net/cms/) installed.
Note: Internet Explorer sometimes renames .rmskin files to .zip files. If this happens you will need to go to the file location and rename it back to a .rmskin before running it.
---Important: Using With a Portable Installation of Rainmeter---
If you want to be able to launch the Start Menu from your windows taskbar using a portable installation of Rainmeter, a little tweaking is required.
1. In the Menu and MenuSmall folders there are subfolders called Link and LinkSmall. Contained in these are the .LNK shortcut files used to launch the menu from your taskbar.
2. Right click on the .LNK shortcut, select properties, and go to the shortcut tab
3. Replace the current folder paths for the Target and Start In parameters. Be sure not to delete the !ToggleConfig bang.
If you followed the steps correctly the taskbar Start Menu shortcuts should now run without problem on a portable installation of Rainmeter. If you have any further questions feel free to leave a comment below.
• More Bug Fixes
• Added six new icon packs
• Various bug fixes including to the broken Rainmeter update checker
• Compatibility improved for portable Rainmeter installations
• Added ability to check for Rainmeter beta releases
• Added confirmation popups when pressing shutdown, log off, and restart buttons
• Performance and appearance has been optimized
• Added auto-update checker to start menus (can be disabled in settings menu)
• Added new icon pack
• Fixed a bug in the update checker incorrectly displaying a new version available.
• The overall UI has been refined and updated and should have a much more metro feel
• There are now arrows above the power buttons that allow you to view the weather and wifi status in addition to the app list.
• Settings menus have been polished and simplified
• The outdated small Classic start menu has been updated with the new features (Metro still not available)
• There is now a guide accessible from the settings menu that will step you through the process of importing old application tile settings
• You can now search directly into Windows Explorer
• You can now use Locate32 to search your computer. Locate32 creates a search database in its folder to allow for near instant searches of anything on your computer. When selected as search engine there will be a button by the search bar to refresh its database (it does not update automatically.
and much more!
The credits section has grown too large and is now viewable in the Settings display of the skin.
- Redone Setup Interface
- Add Small Metro Menu style
- New start orbs
- More icon packs
- A Themes section
- New backgrounds
and much more!
Suggestions, questions, thoughts, and feedback are welcome and encouraged. ;)
Licensing: the artist has specified that mods are allowed.
Oh my word. You have done it. Created a good start menu with overflowing features: FREE.
I'd say that for those people that are looking for a start menu for their Windows 8 machine, this is the first place they ought to look at!
Good Job on the creation of this thing!
Tue, Apr 22nd at 06:49am (2 years ago)
To post comments, you need to become a member. It's free, and takes just a few seconds to complete!
- customizers like it
- customizers love it!
Add colors with the "color picker" tool () or from the image's palette ().
To save your palette, you must sign up.
Also by this artist
Also in Rainmeter Skins