Or, try these alternate versions:
Featuring FileView for Rainmeter, Desktop+ is an original concept Start Screen designed for the Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8 environments. Catalog your applications into scrollable groups. Organize and beautify your desktop, while keeping it simple, productive and professional. Customize and create your own themes from a wide range of options. Play with the many features, and feel free to cut apart, recreate and piece together your own skins using this new reformed version of Desktop+.
Requires the latest version of Rainmeter to install. Download from Rainmeter.net.
• No manual entry of data or arduous setup routine
• Display apps on the desktop in an ordered and logical format
• Access games, pinned apps, bookmarks, control panel and documents with ease
• Designed for Windows XP + Windows Vista + Windows 7 and Windows 8.
• Supported by resolutions from 1024x768 to 1920x1080
• Feature-rich setup menu to fully customize your desktop+ colour and appearance
• Takes advantage of many new Rainmeter features and plugins from Rainmeter 2.5
• New features being added every month.
Large thank you to Elestel & Brian F. for the FileList and FileView plugin respectively, as well as Jsmorley and Kaelri, respectively, for the RainRGB and RainFile addons used in this skin. A respectable thank you to the makers of Omnimo for some much needed inspiration, and the great community @ Rainmeter.net for helpful assistance. And a loving thank you to my fiancé for being my personal beta tester.
Other thanks goes to StarburstSpectrum, and eclectic-tech.
You can also find Desktop+ on DeviantArt.
Licensing: the artist has specified that ports and mods are allowed.
Thanks for reuploading it. Someone posted it in a rainmeter thread a few months back and I was disappointed that I couldn't find a link. I'm glad to have it now.
I'm having a bit of difficulty getting it to load on my second monitor. It always opens on my primary monitor which is larger (and widescreen). Then dragging it to my second monitor results in it being oversized and difficult to manage.
Maybe in a future release you could incorporate a simple way to change Desktop+ resolution on the fly?
Sat, Mar 16th at 03:37pm (2 months ago)
To post comments, you need to become a member. It's free, and takes just a few seconds to complete!
- customizers like it
- customizers love it!
Add colors with the "color picker" tool () or from the image's palette ().
To save your palette, you must sign up.
Also in Rainmeter Skins