Welcome to Customize Help! Here you’ll find all the help you need to customize your desktop. Please note that you can find additional category-specific help on each section page (e.g. XP Themes).
Customize.org is the most prominent and well-established desktop customization site on the web. See History of Customization for some background information, or for help using the site itself see Using Custo.
Customize Your Desktop in 3 Steps
- Find a new desktop background from our huge selection of Wallpapers (see How to Use Wallpapers for help)
- Change the standard Windows theme for a shiny new one! Check out our XP Themes section (see How to Use XP Themes)
- Get a new set of Icons for your programs and documents (see How to Use Icons)
Want more? See 10 Steps To Customize Your Desktop.
For more control, try using a Shell Replacement. It gives you more options, features, and customization over your desktop and taskbar, including a right click menu on your desktop for your programs and start menu.
Have a More Specific Question?
- Use the Power of Google! See Using Google.
- Still can’t find an answer? Feel free to post general questions in the custo group, or browse the groups to find an appropriate place to post.
- Downloaded a .zip or .rar file? See How To Unzip A File
All of our help pages are wiki-powered, see Using Help for details of how to contribute!